BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Moreld,I rely on published articles such as the press and or...

1. 830 Posts.
    Moreld,
    I rely on published articles such as the press and or brokers report and the company announcements as my sources of information. As Peter Cook sang his victorious song of great achievement settling with GSK, he kept all previous GSK offers secret from shareholders. It was by good karma, that some one with inside knowledge leaked the GSK offers and we in HC were among one of the first to hear about the offers. The press got hold of the news and published the alleged $100M 2006 offer and a $75M 2007 offer. They invited Peter Cook for his comments which Peter Cook chose not to comment. When such important and vital information are published into the public domain and the CEO refused to comment, the public had every reason to believe the offers were true especially with the CEO with a proven pedigree for producing Peter Classic news.

So did I lied in relying on materials published in mainstream newspapers?
    And let us now address the Peter Classic logic advanced by moreld.

As stated above, investors have very limited information on any company and it is therefore most important that such limited information when announced to the stock exchange must be accurate and can be relied upon as truthful especially fundamental figures like cash backing per share in the light that Peter Cook asserted that the market had under valued the share. Peter Cook had all the necessary information not to publish conflicting and or confusing and or irrelevant information.

I am so happy for you to compare my statement with Peter Cook’s as it truly show your objectivity. Put plainly, anyone including me if we have access to inside information would be guilty of lying if we published the alleged offers.

I hope I have answered your question and now perhaps I should express my profound guilt for relying on information published in the mainstream newspapers.

PS:
    It is most enlightening to ask whether any one posted in HC suggesting BTA should settle with GSK at $75M with costs. What a pity we do not have clairvoyance or if our talented Peter Cook had not kept such secrets from us all. LOL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.