UNW unwired group limited

value in the sectrum and infrastructure, page-6

1. 37 Posts.
    I agree with Stockdog & co. UNW has huge potential and has a virtual (cleverly postioned) monopoly on the majority of Wimax spectrum within Aust until 2015.

Telstra will protest that the tech is untested etc etc etc but networks in Korea (Wi-Bro), Japan & Colombia to name a few are succesfully up & running.

The potential for the likes of Unwired to offer:
    a) wireless internet access anywhere at speed
    b) a mb phone (Motarola are a testing a wimax ready mb) - with little or no toll charges
    c) cable tv (through austar alliance)

all for a small simple subscription fee each month.

Why would you ever need a landline again??

This is why Murdoch is serioulsy looking at the technology as he's sick of paying fees to fix line companies...he can see reveune for Fox themselve if he creates his own network. In Australia this has to be a discussion he can only have with Unwired.

Intel are another believer and have backed it up with investments (here locally with Unwired 37M) & recently Clearwire $900M.

I hold at higher levels than now but will buy more in preparation for the market to accept & understand that this technology is here, & is a massive threat to Telstra's current and soon to be diminishing copper line based monopoly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.