LAU 4.35% 88.0¢ lindsay australia limited

value investing, page-15

1. 10,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1387
    I may not be in Australia at the time of the AGM, but would like to know the median utilisation rate (perhaps in hours per week) for lAU's prime movers and trailers (i.e. road transport division).

Also, what's the median age (an the oldest) road prime mover(s) in the LAU fleet, and is there capital allocated for replacement B-Doubles or whatever configuration in which they're used?

Is LAU noticing a shortage of truck drivers, and is this adversely affecting productivity in this division?

What's the truck driver turnover percentage per annum and how does this compare to this subsector?

I'm not suggesting every answer will be concerning, but it's interesting and useful information to have.

Also whether air, rail, road or sea transport, do LAU's contracts give it the ability to promptly pass on genuine increased costs (such as diesel fuel or driver wages) to clients, or is it such a 'price taker' that LAU must bear all such risk?

And when there are derailments/floods affecting its rail division, are costs claimable through insurance, from clients or railoperator Pacific National/track lessee Australian Rail Track Corporation?

If someone could ask these questions and record the answers herein, I'd be most grateful. Individually we might learn something.

Agree that many love capital growth but all things considered, while not at the level of my holdings in thermal coal companies NHC/WHC/YAL, I'm pretty happy with the accretion in LAU's SP and its dividends.

Last edited by Hopeful9: 17/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.0¢
Change
-0.040(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $274.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 88.0¢ $472.7K 525.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5257 88.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.5¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.