HGV 0.00% 4.3¢ hygrovest limited

value of mmj vs HO, page-2

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Given MMJ's 60% stake in HVST, by extension, MMJ owns 60% of Satipharm and UG.

IMO, both MMJ and HVST are undervalued. PTL's potential value once clinical trials are complete is enormous, given the gelpell's efficacy against market leader GW pharma's Sativex in phase 1.

Looking longer term, production of raw material (dry plant and oil) will be competitive as it is not that hard. There will be far less producers of GMP approved, clinical trial backed, measured dosage products for medicinal use.

The only example I can think of to compare is the opiate market. While there is no doubt enough money to be made from the illegal trade to start wars over, the regualted medicinal market is worth billions.

http://www.pharmexec.com/us-opioid-market-reach-177-billion-2021-says-report

"Despite substance abuse concerns, the US market for opioids, which accounts for 70% of the global arena, is set to grow from $11 billion in 2014 to $17.7 billion by 2021, according to GBI Research."

Factoring in the comparative side effect and addiction potential of opiates vs cannabanoids, I don't think it's a stretch to assume cannabanoids to capture a significant portion of that market share in due time.

Recreational weed is more like the alcohol tobacco markets - it raises more cash for govenments than producers. No doubt there is a larger potential customer base, though I'm sure the same anti-consumption advertising will be continue.

In MMJs future, once clinical trials are complete I'd expect to start seeing bigger players circling in for a takeover.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.