MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

I wish I had further information @Justadabble. The question for...

1. 781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    I wish I had further information @Justadabble. The question for me is that if the suspension is "voluntary", yet no requests for extensions to the voluntary suspension have been made, then why are we not trading now? The ASX should be telling us clearly which of their rules is stopping MMR from trading right now - if the suspension is not "voluntary" - if it is simply because the company has no cash, then that should be addressed by a CR to get the ship floating again.

I still haven't managed to access the document Rogerd directed us to, so I am not sure if that might shine light on the situation. DB did tell me that he wanted to address the disadvantage shareholders have been put through with PDF loss and a stagnant (to say the least) SP as BPH has seen a rather spectacular rise. DB mentioned a CR and resumption of trading on the horizon (but no timeframes) and a potential appeal to the loss of PDF.

The PDF status is the thing that gives us tax free gains but also limits our investment in Advent - so it's both a stick and a carrot. I am honestly not sure what to think about it anymore or whether it is with pursuing an appeal. It is fairly certain with CRs already finished and others well underway that MMR's investment in Advent will fall from 48.2% - it is inevitable now. Where it ends up depends on the PDF status, CRs and timing of trading resuming.

I think we can all agree that MMR will rise dramatically once it resumes trading, perhaps with a bit of coughing and spluttering as disillusioned shareholders jump overboard and yet others take pretty amazing profits that all have a now inbuilt CGT discount thanks to the 12 month+ suspension. I would think DB would want to capitalise on that rise as much as possible...

MEC was once DB's PEP11 public facing flagship and prior directors clearly acted incorrectly in ousting DB, then breached the PDF Act several times over and put us where we are now. Whatever is going on behind the scenes, the company should keep us updated as to how the cleaning up operation is going.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.