TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

There is an interesting article in The Australian today "It's...

1. 2,669 Posts.
    There is an interesting article in The Australian today "It's make or break for LNG as global pressures mount on Woodside and Shell"

I believe the options for the sale of Tap's share of NG (Zola etc) are rapidly narrowing with the advent of enormous quantities of Shale gas in the US of A, enormous finds off NG off the coast of East Africa (which are already being developed) and the recent finds by Chevron off the NW coast.

Recently Wheatstone has been looking for NG from BHP and ExxonMobil to supplement their own supplies and make Wheatsone more economic. But with their 2 recent discoveries maybe the pressure is off to buy in further supplies.

In view of the cost of developing LNG plants in Australia I believe the only options are Woodside's Pluto or FLNG plants http://gastoday.com.au/news/flng_gets_serious/042981/

Mitsubishi paid $2 billion for a 15% stake in Browse which has reserves of 15TCF. Until we know whether Tallaganda is commercial (and the volumes) and more about Zola it is difficult to put a value on Tap's share. If we had definite figure it would be interesting to extrapolate what Mitsubishi paid to work out the value of Tap's share. Surely it could be way over $100 million? Has anyone got any ideas?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.