NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

Hi agian Stier.I have to say that my experience of analysts and...

1. 453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi agian Stier.

I have to say that my experience of analysts and brokers is that thye are much better at predicting last weeks price than they are at guessing next weeks. By that I mean that quite often they appear to trail the actual price trend and end up with their "forecast" updated to match what the market is making obvious.

A bit cynical I know, but I do feel that genuinely accurate forecasts and analysts are rare.

My experience of the outfits I owns shares is:

- 4 bought on analyst rec are basically worthless - I didn't know about stops in those days
    - 2 bought on broker rec are in the black (MQG & NCM)
    - 5 bought more recently based on my own research are all well in the black.

There's also been 1 other analyst rec that finished with me getting the price of a coffee for after a mgmt takeover/ripoff.

So, when people say DYOR I endorse that as the most important thing you can do. Take the analysts with a grain of salt IMHO.

My view/hope of the merged NCM is that the synergies will work well. The technical bods will find it invigorating to share knowledge and experience and this will add energy to the exploration and development. Debt's low so acquisitions are on the cards and first we peasants may know about that is a trading halt - bad luck if you're out at the time.

I'm sticking to it so I'm sure to find out if I'm right or wrong!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.