DOU 16.7% 0.4¢ douugh limited

I bought in at 5.8c and 9c for an average price of 7.5c. Sold on...

1. 338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    I bought in at 5.8c and 9c for an average price of 7.5c. Sold on Friday at 26c. I am very happy with making two and half times my initial investment in profit which took 11 days . From someone who has been in the market a while I can tell you that returns like this are quite rare.

I bought because I saw all the hype with Afterpay and Z1P etc. I sold because I am not convinced that the product that DOU has will have much of a competitive advantage. Their software can be replicated quite quickly and easily by a bank with deep pockets. They also have a target market of people who are not financially savy and most likely (generalising) have incomes and assets well bellow the average Westerner. Can't see this making so much money even if many people do subscribe. The question you need to ask yourself is how much can DOU possibly make per user? The larger banks may be behind but they will probably offer this service for free if they see it as a threat. DOU may be able to carve out a niche for themselves but will continually have to re-invent their products and services. They also will not be able to compete with the banks regarding building a loan book as their cost of funds will be higher than the established banks. The only hope I can see is that a large bank buys them out to acquire their software but at the current market value of >$100m I cannot see anyone offering this much for software that would only cost a few million to reproduce.

I may day trade DOU in the meantime with a percentage of my profits made but will not be a long term investor until I can understand how this could be a profitable enough business in the future to justify this share current share price.

Just my views and GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $3.787M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $943 240.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 11688412 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 3958488 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DOU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.