LAW 0.00% 0.5¢ lawfinance limited

Valuing JKL

1. 29 Posts.
    Given JKL has:
    - an annual profit of circa $3.5m p.a. from their disbursement funding business (and growing at 20-30%)
    - circa 125,000,000 common shares
    - and a current SP of $0.285
    this must mean according to my calculations that the business is running on a PE of 10.2x. Alongside this, the incredible growth of MML, the sound funded cases, and book value of $0.12cps makes me question why the SP is still quite low. IMF has a PE of about 17x, it is much more established and consequentially has growth prospects dwarfed when compared to JKL.

To me it appears as if JKL is a relatively safe business or, at least, a business with more conservative management (for litigation funders) given their proven desire to branch off into business with reliable income streams such as the above mentioned MML.

Tomorrow the HY Report is expected to be released, my interest mainly lies with the Insurance Broking and Short Term Finance Divisions as it's unlikely there will be much more information regarding the Disbursement Funding and Litigation Funding Divisions.

Above is simply some food for thought and is not financial advice. I would appreciate any sentiments to be shared including any corrections in my logic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.