RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

The way I see it, any delay to any of the processes including...

1. 1,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    The way I see it, any delay to any of the processes including the expert report, should be a good thing, in that it gives more time for Pfizer's competitors to run the ruler over the RAP commercial prospects and fair value.

Having started on this post, I decided to give vent to my feelings - so many great posts from others, no real need for me to do this, but.......

In the announcement, TK (who I have chatted to at conferences a few times and like, but no longer trust his judgement and business acumen) said two things:
    1. "We believe that the material premium and certainty of an all cash consideration is an attractive outcome for our shareholders.”

Yes, in principle - BUT 11.5 CENTS !! What arrant nonsense. Medium/long term holders have had plenty of chances to buy/sell and make a profit or reduce risk over the years - unfortunately, with hindsight given this offer, I did little of that - but like so many of us, I believe in the long term prospects.

But regardless of our individual actions and financial positions with RAP, to me, it is an admission by TK/Board that the Co lacks the ability to commercialize RAP, they have tried, but apparently have no idea what to do about that, even though they have always recognised the commercial potential, as reinforced/verified by the Pfizer offer.

and likewise;
    2. "The proposed acquisition recognises the years of dedicated work by the ResApp team to build ResApp into a leader in audiobased analysis of respiratory health"

"recognises the years of dedicated work by the ResApp team"?
    - it does no such thing. Commercially, recognition of the past is meaningless, the Pfizer offer is all about future commercial prospects and Pfizer's belief that they can convert prospects to reality - we all know for sure, that Pfizer are not into it for altruistic purposes, that's just the way it is. So the Pfizer offer in fact reinforces the reasons for and credibility of so much of our anger at such a lowball offer being RECOMMENDED, an offer which merely takes into account recent share prices, not future commercial success based on the excellent, patented and unique technology - especially in the sharemarket turmoil of these times when those competitive moats and market opportunities mean so much.

Pfizer see "ResApp as a leader in audiobased analysis of respiratory health"? Sure they do - so why has such a paltry offer been recommended?

I have no problem with the Pfizer offer, it's commercially smart, but no matter what the future might hold for RAP, if the Pfizer deal is defeated, I will be very very pleased.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.