AVL 0.00% 1.5¢ australian vanadium limited

In a reasonable investment outlook I can't see a "looming...

1. 73 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    In a reasonable investment outlook I can't see a "looming smackdown"... it's horses for courses. Current redox flow designs have compelling advantages for fixed installations and lithium has the power delivery/energy density/size/weight upper hand for mobile. Could this change?

A Tesla current mid-range model S70 has a 70 kWh battery able to produce a max of 235 kW.

Here's a currently available 70 kWh vanadium flow battery producing around 30 kW:

I don't know the weight but this won't squeeze under the floor of your favorite EV. While it has enough power delivery for a golf cart or two, you'd have to stack a few to get more than 100kW. Mobile application require heaps of immediate kWs. Lithium storage delivers full power when asked. This is a commanding advantage that will be some time changing.

Is mobile lithium storage about to be displaced by flow? Not imo, in our investment time frames. Flow tech will improve and so will lithium. Think lithium-air with an energy density similar to petrol.

Notwithstanding I like vanadium's future in utility and grid-scale application.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $63.52K 4.234M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 5027166 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 14268580 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.