VR8 0.00% 5.4¢ vanadium resources limited

Vanadium - General/News thread, page-138

1. 596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    Ladies and gentlemen, I was searching for some news on VR8 on YouTube, when I came across this:

https://youtu.be/D1UCBGFhBr4?t=103

In it, Jurie states the following, and I quote:

["..We have a reserve of 75 million tons . That reserve is only 12 percent of the resource and will allow us then to produce 12,500 tons of vanadium pentoxide ramping it up to 18,500 tons vanadium pentoxide per annum. We're conducting a DFS presently, we're fully funded to final investment decision and the DFS is hopefully going to repeat the numbers that we had with the PFS. We don't have any reason to believe it won't.The numbers we have there[sic] was 1.2 billion dollars NPV post-tax, 45% IRR and then also of the lowest CAPEX and OPEX numbers uh CAPEX 200 million dollars which comparatively speaking to some of the other aspirants are the lowest..."]

I cannot state how exciting this is and also how frustrating it is to wait till the last week of this month even though it's only days away smile.png

He then goes on to state the following when talking about why the OPEX is one of the lowest in the industry at USD3.08/lb

["...there are 3 factors that are important , the one is the ore body is dipping 10 degrees gently dipping ore body. The 75 million tons 25 year life of mine stripping ratios one to one which probably the lowest in the industry. It also upgrades magnificently to a higher grade concentrate, second only to Largos project in Brazil, at 2.2% and what it does mean is that we get about a third more product out by using the same amount of energy than anybody else would. Then secondly we're using the salt roast process, that's the second factor that contributes to those good numbers. The SRL process has been used for many many decades and has been optimised in south Africa, I would say even South Africa is an intellectual property explorer of the technology really that .....then gone to a situation where 90% of what we will be using as equipment, comes from SA. That's got cost benefits as well. Then, the third elements is that we're..and that's sometime not seen as a benefit for some reason, but SA and where this project is located allows us to have all the infrastructure that we need. We don't need to go and build gas pipelines we don't need to go an put in water pipelines, we don't need to put in tiled(?) roads, we don't need to build mine site camps , accommodation, anything like that. We're in the Eastern Bushveldt complex where there's 32 mines and that helps a lot to bring those numbers to those levels..."]

All in all, very good interview, am very assured of the stability of this project and the financial future of this company.

A lot of Australian investors out there, tout the sovereign risk mantra and think its the end of the world if projects are located outside of Australia.
    We need to stop that frog in the well attitude and realise that highly stable, profitable projects DO exist outside of Australia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VR8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $30.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 300000 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 362565 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.26am 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VR8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.