AVL 6.67% 1.6¢ australian vanadium limited

Vanadium news, page-3792

1. 2,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 482
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2925/2925780-7d56c01230a380c444f07cafca4bffe9.jpg

Link to article :
    https://reneweconomy.com.au/are-cannon-brookes-and-elon-musk-about-to-team-up-for-big-battery-plans-36666/

I see this as one of the major hurdles for grid size VRB’s being implemented in Australia at the moment.

Refer back to the stunt Mike Cannon-Brookes and Elon Musk pulled to get a Lithium storage battery installed in South Australiaback in 2017, including the much advertised personal phone call from Elon Musk to then Prime Minister Malcom Turnbull, who acted likea starstruck schoolboy.

Fortunately Europe, Asia and even the USA are aware of the benefits of VRB over Lithium and the consensus that VRB's are far superior for large scale storage, but I believe our Australian politicians are too “starstruck” by this "billionaire duo" who are actually doing an excellent job at using their influence.

Realistically most of Australia's Vanadium product would be destined for use overseas anyhow, where there are many major VRB projects underway which is why demand for Vanadium is predicted to outstrip supply, and new high grade Vanadium mines are fast becoming necessity.

But I think many Australians would much rather see Cannon-Brookes using his considerable “billionaire” influence in supporting an Australian Technology which is widely considered superior for large scale storage, instead of his mate Elon Musk.

Unfortunately the voice to our politicians in support of VRB's in Australia would be like a squeek from a mouse in comparison.
    And it looks set to continue and kick into high gear if you read the article.

The sad thing is Mike Cannon-Brookes hails from The University of NSW (UNSW), the same Alma Mater as Professor Maria Skyllas-Kazacos the actual inventor the Vanadium Redox Battery.

Last edited by jskf: 19/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $137.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $19.10K 1.215M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 11061591 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 6848290 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.