AVL 0.00% 1.4¢ australian vanadium limited

Vanadium news, page-6138

1. 18,623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3904
    Hi all, and Season’s Greetings
    …and today I across a story from last September which I’ll stick in a ‘spoiler’ for  in case it’s ever relevant.

Basically it’s about how a $255m battery development in WA - planned for  a wind farm about I.5hours drive north of Albany WA  - was put on hold.

- The reason I thought it may become relevant to vanadium flow batteries in future (and relevant   to AVL in particular) was due to the UK/N American vanadium battery builder, ‘Invinity’ - an AVL  supplier -  claims that wind power + VRFBs are a match ‘made in heaven’ (or at  least one that brings costs down considerably **)​
    Invinity is currently working with Siemen’s wind turbine  division, GAMESA*  and Larry Zulch, the Invinity CEO  says Vanadium batteries are  competitive with lithium batteries when attached to  wind turbines **.​

Anyway the rain-checked proposal is for is  400 megawatt hours of storage capacity and reasons Infrastructure WA put the kibosh on the project included potential costs, issues to do with early adoption and the need to coordinate with other state enterprises like Synergy and Western Power

Seeing as the Invinity vanadium pilot battery being installed at Kununurra early next year  by AVL is for Horizon - one of  three WA state-owned power companies which include Synergy,  I thought it likely more eyes than those of the Kununurra community and Horizon will be on the trial .. possibly including  the Water Corporation’s and definitely including Infrastructure  WA

cheers

Soms references to VRFB’s and wind power:

* Invinity and Siemens/GamesA (… “ a few years ago, they determined that vanadium flow batteries made a lot of sense from their perspective for working with wind. So we entered into a joint development process with them.
    “Well, we're getting close.
    Next year, we'll be announcing the product formally and the first customer ship.”
    [ ref] )

** Invinity CEO Larry Zulch claim  was at a Prague conference last June; [ref]
    “When paired with wind power, Invinity’s batteries can deliver power at 25–30% less cost than lithium-ion systems, ……...
    “By 2030, flow batteries could be storing about 61 MW h of electricity each year and generating annual sales for producers of more than $22 billion, Zulch said.
    “We have a big opportunity here. The numbers are staggering. Energy companies are obvious customers. Utilities such as wastewater treatment plants are also seeking energy security and want to avoid peak-time electricity tariffs….”
    Last edited by sabine: 26/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $120.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.4¢ $107.3K 7.669M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 795084 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 7334515 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.