TMT 0.00% 26.0¢ technology metals australia limited

Vanadium news, page-4

1. 2,322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131

https://www.ft.com/content/36faa3ee-603d-11e8-9334-2218e7146b04

As part of its push, Siemens Gamesa has invested more in batteries and other types of energy storage, including a hot rock plant (where surplus power is retained by heating rocks) that helps provide power for an aluminium smelter in Hamburg. The company is also testing a vanadium redox-flow battery system — a niche technology that some people believe could eventually rival lithium-ion batteries for energy storage — at a research facility in Spain.

Erin Grossi Managing Director, Digital Strategy & Innovation

Interesting article, but we shouldn’t think of redox flow batteries as “rivaling” LI batteries. Redox is ideal for grid scale, behind the meter applications. LI is still going to be the commercial workhorse and good for front of meter storage. We need both. Clearly- behind the meter is the bigger opportunity for impacting energy economics today.

1d

Samrat Bose
    Samrat Bose I manage Sales of Industrial products, projects and solutions of Engineering Industries
    A large and efficient power storage part without impacting renewal investments would take renewal energy generation to the next level. The whole industry is waiting for such a technology to be commercialized.

4d

Leigh Hunt
    Leigh Hunt at esig
    Please tell me something new - effective storage has been the most significant omission in the renewable energy area since the beginning, whether that be for mobile or static use. Given that currently storage means battery (most potently Lithium ion) there are the toxic and environmental issues around the production and recycling of Lithium (Carbonate) (not to mention what happens after a crash of battery powered vehicles). Storage, storage, storage.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TMT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.