SRL 4.44% 47.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

vanadium talk, segregated

1. 4,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 783
    Consolidated comments and responses RE: Teddy Afro’s post 33221749,
    on the CLQ: POSTS AND LINKS thread, wherein he characterized that thread as “ridiculous”, on account of the discussion of vanadium; and responses to a number of the posts that followed:

If you have no interest in vanadium as a potential target for CLQ, skip this post and this thread.
    This thread started to get vanadium discussion OFF the “CLQ Links and Posts thread”, which is meant to be a reference thread, since Some People think it is distracting

I concede that there is not, nor is there likely to be, any public guidance by CLQ concerning vanadium as a target, until after the BFS and financing on Sunrise.
    However, I assert that there is enough factual and circumstantial evidence to conclude with a high degree of confidence that a
    Friedland-backed company, likely CLQ, will make a major announcement on vanadium sourcing by year-end.

My opinion is based on publicly known facts and statements, which I have put forth in detail on numerous posts, such as 32815012, 31668070, 33134815, 32816341, 32846371, 33159961, 33177826, and others.
    TEDDY AFRO Your post indicates that you realize that CLQ can extract vanadium; that you realize that RF has “skin in the game”; and now you realize there are common Board members.
    Consider these facts:
    RF has $100 million of “skin” in VRB Energy, as well as one of his top execs
    VRB Energy has a contract for the largest V
    RB installation in China, and a growing order book
    VRB Energy needs vanadium
    VRB Energy is linked in to the Chinese power plan
    VRB useage in China will double every year… for at least a decade.
    RF was reported talking to “more than one” Chinese coal companies
    RF has stated that “many “more deals are coming, referencing provincial level entities that have lots of vanadium deposits
    VRB Energy is not a miner, CLQ has stated that it intends to be a miner with its technology in preference to selling or licensing Robert Friedland controls both CLQ and VRB Energy

Mr. Finlayson is not just a suit filling a board seat at VRB. He is a powerful executive. He was appointed CEO of Pu Neng (before the name change to VRB Energy). Mr. Finlayson is one of Friedland’s top execs at CLQ, he is Chief Officer at HPX, he is a geologist., and he has publicly declared that he is looking for economical vanadium supplies in China for VRB Energy. That is what he is working on. That is his assignment. He is not hanging around the board room.

Somebody tell me: Why is Eric Finlayson, a geologist, on the Board of a high tech battery company that needs vanadium ?
    What do you think the probability is, that CLQ will be involved in mining vanadium for VRB Energy ?

I don’t mind typos, spelling errors or irregularities in grammar. All that is forgiven, of no consequence. But before one pronounces the subject of vanadium and the thread to be “ridiculous” , one should take a look at the VRB Energy website before dismissing it, and read the public statements from Mr. Friedland and Mr. Finlayson, some of which have been quoted earlier on the “CLQ Links and Posts “ thread.

There is no "proof". I am making an informed speculation. I understand there is no public announcement. But why would RF declare his specific interest publicly, while he is shopping and negotiating for deposits ? If anyone is not convinced that CLQ will be big-time into vanadium, that is OK with me. No hard feelings. We are all just trying to make money here by discussion and analysis. But I suggest one looks at the facts and research that have been already presented, and the links that have been provided, before forming an opinion.

Teddy, “everything” is NOT in your post. You asserted that CLQ will sell vanadium extraction technology to other miners. I asked you for the basis of your opinion; you have given none. I say they WILL NOT, based on their stated policy.

Teddy, I hope you make a lot of money on CLQ. But in a friendly way, I suggest to you and anyone else, that you don’t sell out CLQ until you have looked closely at the vanadium potential, and a deal for sourcing it has been done, because CLQ is likely going to be involved. I’m not 100% sure, but I am as sure as I can be with no announcement.

And may I remind you, that only a few months ago, a lot of people did not recognize scandium and water as real opportunities for CLQ, either. It will take people a while to understand the potential in vanadium, especially since there is no deal on it yet. Sunrise is the priority; but CLQ is more than Sunrise.

Have any opinion you like. It makes no difference to me. This is a public thread, people can decide for themselves.
    NCCC…yes, market cap is soaring…and I estimate, based on public information, that CLQ has at least $800 million AuD lined up, before the BFS. I predict no further public dilution (though possibly some PP equity) for the mine, despite high capex.
    afewdB…the stone coal, coke and coal and their wastes have been discussed, one poster even quoted recovery rates. These sources are CHEAP and this is the reason the acquisition costs will be low. Coal is in the dumps, people can get the rights for very little, a lot of the sites need to be cleaned up anyway. Low capex, low cash, or even negative capital to acquire deposits is a possibility. There will be no financial problem AT ALL in acquiring vanadium deposits cheaply, with low capex up front.
    Jon Savage
    …the answer is yes. The deposits will be low cost to acquire…maybe even CLQ will get paid to clean them up. And get vanadium out of it, to boot. Nice trick. Get paid to mine vanadium out of waste.
    NEO…you think a link between CLQ and vanadium is a “stretch”, that’s OK. My opinion is that it is a sure thing. So we have a difference of opinion….no problem. At least we agree on our opinion of Clean Teq, if not vanadium.
    As retail investors we want to be early. Those who recognize the vanadium opportunity ARE early, and they will not sell out too early because they know another big profit center is coming. Who wants to wait until everyone can see it ? Or cleverly take profit, make a double, then see a big new move into another scarce, high-demand metal that nobody can get in quantity ?
    Space Cadet…you are right, not a peep out of CLQ until the BFS. Now is a good time to think about long-term potential, before The Explosion, so maybe we won’t we get caught up in the excitement and sell out a year too early. Anyway, how many times can you run spreadsheets with wild guesses about kilotons of nickel and cobalt sulfate at hypothetical different prices before going batty ?
    Eyeman…most of your post had nothing to do with CLQ or vanadium.( Instead of counting my posts, why not look at the VRB Energy website. ) But no, I do not feel at all desperate or “overinvested”. I am confident and excited. I wish I had more CLQ.
    Everyone makes mistakes, I make plenty. I made the mistake of thinking CLQ strategy would be to sell their technology…the same mistake Teddy just made. But I am not mistaken about RF having vanadium in his sights.
    ALL: We are analyzing spec miners and developers. We make speculations about deposits, ore bodies, grades, financing,
    commodity prices, production targets, NAVs, all kinds of things. We form lots of different opinions from the same facts.
    But there are other types of facts: Corporate strategies, relationships, and capabilities; objectives, politics,
    personnel; management quality; and the various clues we get in public announcements and statements.
    These are no less factual than grade qualities in a drill core or a resource estimate in a BFS, even though they do not have
    numbers attached. We have to form opinions on everything we can see, even though each will give different weight to
    different facts. And different opinions will result.
    Based on a fairly substantial amount of circumstantial but factual evidence that I have found and posted, I am predicting, opining, or speculating, whatever you prefer, that a Friedland-backed company, most likely CLQ, will announce a major vanadium initiative this year, after the Sunrise BFS and financing are completed.
    So maybe I will be off by a few months; maybe it will be Q2 2019.
    This opinion is based on the known facts, and statements and motivations of the people involved, which have been presented.
    I have also predicted that CLQ will be the world’s largest producer of vanadium within four years, with full recognition there is no public declaration by CLQ about the subject.
    Why do I say this. Because a vanadium deal will not be confirmed until there is a public announcement about it, since there is
    no reason for RF to tip his hand before he does the deal.
    RF talks up vanadium frequently. Do you think that he is just giving us a tip, some advice, that we should go looking for vanadium sources ? Don’t you think he would actually do something about it ?
    Sunrise is the immediate priority, point given. When the Sunrise BFS comes out, even I will temporarily forget vanadium.
    But I am not making it up my opinions about CLQ and vanadium out of thin air: VRB Energy is a tech company that needs vanadium. CLQ is a miner who can extract it better and faster than anybody else. Robert Friedland controls both ends of that supply chain. These are facts. It is not my imagination running wild.
    There is a lot of vanadium in Chinese jurisdictions where Friedland has clout, where he has done deals, where RF has announced that “many more” deals are coming with those counterparties, in those jurisdictions. These are also facts.
    I have posted the evidence plainly, such as it is.
    So we will see..
    Probably by year end….maybe Q1 2019. So I may be off a few months.
    Maybe before a scandium take-off…maybe after….hard to say.

If you are not persuaded, so be it.
    It doesn’t bother me.

GLTAH.
    Best wishes to everybody !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.020(4.44%)
Mkt cap ! $40.60M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 47.0¢ 45.0¢ $713 1.568K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1818 45.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 1500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.