SYR 5.00% 21.0¢ syrah resources limited

Extract from Energizer Resources recent ann. They appear to have...

1. 9,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Extract from Energizer Resources recent ann. They appear to have put their vanadium plans on hold for the following reasons ..."The energy requirements and capital cost to develop a vanadium mine was significantly higher than moving forward with a graphite mine" ................

According to Kirk McKinnon, Chairman and CEO, "We were able to fast-track the Green Giant project and Molo deposit because of our exploration experience and early exposure to Madagascar. Energizer discovered vanadium in 2007 and completed a NI 43-101 resource, ranking our vanadium project as one of the largest known vanadium deposits in the world.

Through that period, we gained significant insight into the battery power and storage market and this exposed us to the fact that natural flake graphite is a substantial raw material in vanadium-redox batteries. We were also able to understand the critical role that graphite continues to play in lithium-ion batteries. We also noted that graphite, like vanadium, has a long and established role in the steel industry.

Consequently, the Company determined that although we had an excellent NI 43-101 compliant vanadium deposit, the market demand for graphite products was both stronger and more imminent. The energy requirements and capital cost to develop a vanadium mine was significantly higher than moving forward with a graphite mine not to mention the relative simplicity of processing graphite. Internally, we confirmed the quality and quantity of graphite at Green Giant and given what we deemed to be ease of development for the graphite, we felt strongly that in the short term, this was the best way forward to improve shareholder value

Full story....
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/energizer-resources-outlines-mine-development-120000155.html
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.010(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $217.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 20.0¢ $278.6K 1.346M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 172414 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 33436 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.