VAR 0.00% 0.6¢ variscan mines limited

Variscan Mines Ltd to drill for gold in historic Brittany,...

1. 219 Posts.
    Variscan Mines Ltd to drill for gold in historic Brittany, France

Monday, May 02, 2016

http://www.*.com.au/genera//img/companies/news/europe__350_5726e7e24e4de.jpg
    Variscan Mines Ltd (ASX: VAR) will commence a fascinating programme drilling for gold at the St Pierre exploration licence in Brittany, France which was home to France's third largest gold mine until until 1952.

Drilling will follow up some high grade rock chip samples including one that assayed up to 159g/t gold as well as a 21.5g/t gold rock chip.

Interestingly, at Ville Tirard prospect historic drilling is reported to have intersected thick zones of near-surface gold grading around 3-4g/t gold.

Drilling should start to test two of the highest priority targets mid-year.

The prospects lie within the St Pierre Licence over the historic La Bellière gold mine, which produced 334,000 ounces at 12g/t gold

Exploration within the licence included a broad programme of rock chip and float sampling, which generated a number of high grade results across five main areas of interest.

This will commence once the local approvals and access agreements are signed and a rig mobilised to the site.

During the final years of mining in the St Pierre region, two inclined drill holes were drilled below outcropping mineralisation at the western end of the main La Bellière shear system.

Given the age of the drilling, the precise position of the collars is uncertain, so Variscan plans to drill two shallowly inclined core holes to cross the projected position of the shear and to intersect the mineralisation.

http://www.*.com.au/companies/news/...r-gold-in-historic-brittany-france-68396.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.274M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 2668097 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 840205 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.01am 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.