I guess the biggest threat to 'Spirituality' is becoming...

1. 3,263 Posts.
    I guess the biggest threat to 'Spirituality' is becoming addicted to it and using it as a crutch. There has to be some self-ishness otherwise a person would become like a martyr, not being able to think for oneself, to accept blindly. It's not just spiritualism/religions I'm talking about here, but new age 'gurus' who have made a mint out of their lectures, the same ones who don't necessarily practise their own preachings. One friend of mine, to use an example goes to see Anthony Roberts to constantly be inspired and give herself a high. It's the euphoria they create in one. Is this real or a feeling only which is always temporary like a drug effect until the next fix? Everytime we think that someone else is better than ourselves we give away our self power and worth. I don't idolize as we are all human first though I do consider some people as amazing with what they have been able to achieve to be an inspiration.

The truth for one may not be the same for another. We are all different, thank goodness, so it comes down to what works for each individual at any time.

It does all come back to the self, as I, we are all God, supposedly.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.