Thanks for this excellent discussion - it's good to get into...

1. 146 Posts.
    Thanks for this excellent discussion - it's good to get into some spiritual ramping for a change!

I have spent time over many years meditating and studying Christian mysticism, Vedic philosophy and a few other things, sometimes with teachers, sometimes without. There's no teaching I regret looking at, or teacher I've regretted following. I think at different times in my life I have needed, or been attracted to, different expressions of knowledge, and my path through life has been to put it all together and come to a realization of what works as truth for me and gives me the deepest experience - while living in the world (for I too was monastic for a while.)

Something I've recently come across which although not an overtly spiritual teaching has been of immense value to me in cutting through the carp, and therefore bringing some very profound insight and peace, is the work of Byron Katie.

http://www.thework.com/index.asp

It is a deceptively simple approach, but very practical and rewarding. Who would I be without my story?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.