VCR ventracor limited

vcr on the move, page-13

1. 7,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 481
    Currently LVAD's are limitied in there use in the US due to the external batteries. The risk of infection where the wires enter the body is extremely high. This you will find comes down to the patient and how well they clean the area, probably a twice daily task.

Also the loss of red blood cells from the pumps is a concern. VCR claim from animal test the blood degradation is minimal, something to do with only one moving part and the running temperature of the pump.

I am not sure of any advances in the battery technology of late but I will asume the technology is improving on a daily basis, both in size and capacity.

Most other products at the moment, are a generation behind the VCR LVAD and once approval is gained doctors are going to be recommending this LVAD to their patients over all others.

As a holder of VCR one can only hope that after success in the Aussie trials, this product will be fast tracked by the FDA and VCR can reach the US market quickly, next year would be nice but thats being very hopeful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.