VCR ventracor limited

vcr or htw. the spy who loved me. Yeah, I guess you just can't...

1. 4,770 Posts.
    vcr or htw. the spy who loved me. Yeah, I guess you just can't help being lucky but I guess my best call was shorting MBP at $1.32 (as stated here when I did it as usualy) the day before the CEO quit.

I in fact covered VCR mainly at 78cents and I believe the CFD people commenced covering with stock and that started the rise but I could be wrong. I had a few left which I covered at $1.28 recently.

Everyone knew there was an implant coming in the USA.

No it's not true that HTW went broke in the US but it is true that it's Ventricle Assist Device has patents covering the field of activity that date back, I believe, 10 years and long before Ventracor got the 'idea' to enter into VAD land. That's my belief anyway.

HTW has no financial worries but I will be shocked if there is not some fundraising very maybe very very soon in VCR and I think they went about things the wrong way.

The origin of HTW is that it is born out of the many assets of a liquidated US company after not being developed by that failed company. The product is swathed in patents and testing, I believe, with great success. By my counting it's weeks away (september) from completing its animal trials at the Texas Heart Institute under Dr Bud Frasier.

HTW has a director Dr Wade who used to be the devices man on the World stage for J&J and I reckon if ever HTW needs help or a partner or a takeover that should be a breeze. This much smaller HTW VAD doesn't require a stomach pouch as it goes directly into the chest cavity next to the heart. Less invasive.

Anyway for mine the animal trials are a formality pre the human trials but it has already trialled successfully both in animals and in labs.

Remember J&J paid US$18bn for heart device company Guidant. Little HTW at A$25m is nothing and certainly no $300m company like VCR.

I reiterate that I am cheering for VCR to succeed. I have a big holding in HTW....'Nobody does it better, makes you feel sad for the rest...'.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.