XJO 0.93% 7,889.6 s&p/asx 200

Vegetarian -Thursday, page-12

1. 17,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7820
    Actually Macropunter it should have the opposite effect. That is the reason I like semi-log for longer term charts as you get nice trendlines where arithmetic scale curls on itself.

Talking of long term charts, worth having a look at the long term picture of BHP. Short term overbought and I have seen mention of it being a multiple topped pattern covering the past year or so but if you go out to ten years, it takes on a a whole different persona with the last three years starting to look like a large base pattern as part of a really big triangle with a flat top. All semi-log of course.

Mind you it is hard to see such potential at the moment. I assume everyone has noticed that the coal price has continued to fall while I have been away. I have done a lot of thinking about coal and I don't think we will see the low until we see more of the big overseas companies walking away and more mines mothballed and lots of bearish comments in the press. Haven't seen one mention of the recent decline in prices. In the end only the very lowest cost and highest quality product will survive and then the whole cycle could start again. Of course such a situation would really benefit the "Big Australian".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.