VCR ventracor limited

ventracor’s ‘artificial heart’ recognised for inno, page-7

1. 2,146 Posts.
    re: ventracor’s no ‘artificial heart’ recognised f VCR might not yet be a dead horse. I am not currently in the stock, but have it on my watch list. It will run fast on good news, but of course drop on any setbacks.

As can be seen from the small extract from the report I have attached below, a key factor for these devices is the reliability. This is one of the key design aspects of the VCR device as it is designed to use the the blood as a frictionless bearing (doesnt wear out so fast).

Also, it will take some time for the reliability to be determined in actual operation.

It seems to be a stock with trading potential and well as a possible long term winner.

This is just my opinion, make your own decision about the stock.

According to Foster Stockbroking report on vcr website,
    (Foster unlikley to be impartial but it is an interesting read in any case)

"It is important to note that the patients implanted with LVAS devices like VentrAssist are gravely ill. As a
    consequence health authorities do not expect all patients in a trial to survive.

The only LVAS with FDA approval for use as an alternative for heart transplant is the Thoratec LVAS XVE.
    In Thoratec’s pivotal trial only 52% of the patients implanted with the HeartMate were still
    alive after one year. Two years after the trial commenced, 35% of the devices had failed, and
    only 23% of trial patients were still alive."

http://www.ventracor.com/news/pdf/VCR040422.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.