GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

versus epg, page-2

1. 91 Posts.

Re. EPG -

EPG is a CBM (Coal Bed Methane) play, whereas GDN is straight gas. Coal Bed Methane entails drilling into unmined coal packets to tap natural gas.

EPG's timeframe is longer than GDN -
    EPG are planning pilot production wells for the first half of next year, whereas GDN could (optimistically) be in production in less than 6 months, assuming this well is commercial (and I'm very, very confidend that it is).

CBM typically requires a large number of closely spaced wells, although the depths are much less than GDN's well. The capital cost per well tends to be much less than a 'traditional' gas well like GDN's, however. To cut down the number of wells, EPG are going to use horizontal drilling through the coal seams, giving them a greater contact area than pure vertical wells (vertical wells for CBM are proven and in use in several American CBM projects).

Having said all that, the long - term potential of EPG is, IMHO, greater than GDN. Consider this - their current ~ 1Tcf gas in place estimate is for only 7% (!) of ONE of their five leases (the Lorraine Permit). The other four leases are also highly prospective. Also in their favour:

- The wholesale price of gas in Europe is around EUR 5.00 per mcf - more than the U.S, and nearly an order of magnitude more than Australia (QGC et al).

- There is an existing natural gas pipeline crossing the Lorraine permit area - so relatively low cost to bring to production.

- The company's recently completed Folschviller ST1 test well had some VERY, VERY encouraging results:

- They intersected much more coal than they initially thought was there (over 62 meters of coal was intersected - high to very high for a CBM well)

- They found 'SIGNIFICANT' gas in the inter - burden rocks (ie. the rock between the coal packets), making a significant resource upgrade likely

- The permeability of the coal was better than expected. The more permeable the coal, the more gas
    can be recovered.

- The company has over 16 Million AUD in the bank, enough to take them up to production.

- The French have stated their intention to fast - track approval, considering the project to be of national importance, in light of Russia's increasingly belligerent attitude to it's gas customers (Russia supplies about 25% of the EU's gas)

I could go on, but I think you all get the picture! I hold, and won't be selling anytime soon.

Expect a resource upgrade soon, and the results from their second (and final) well in their two well test program.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.