AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

very confused

1. 54 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I'm really confused as I don't know how bad this result is.

Asset impairment, already known in Feb this year. Cash flow already known by quarterly report. Revenue can be estimated by average price and ore shipped reported in quarterly. So I'm lost.

Wouldn't it the ability to earn cash flow the way to evaluate a company? I see there's $140 million earned during the 2nd half. And with my very prudent calculation: average $120USD price, 0.9 exchange rate, 10 million tone product, 20% discount due to our low grade ores: there're about $286 million cash can be achieved next year.

And about financial position and the ways they accounting for assests: these are all historical records, would it affect the future ability of the company to earn operating cash flow? I think not, they are only use most suitable accounting method to legally avoid tax and there's no cash outflow indeed.

I know there should be something wrong with my opinion as the result of today's sp action against my thoughts. So if anyone could delight me I would be very grateful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.