VLA 0.00% $1.75 viralytics limited

Nice analogy 3rddoor, Many here hope there may be counter bids...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Nice analogy 3rddoor,

Many here hope there may be counter bids and I really hope so. To suggest expecting more is greedy is just silly in my opinion. If you bought yesterday and today get an offer almost 3x it may sound so. But for many who have been buying over many years, this is not the case. As stated on another thread I purchased some shares at around $1.40 many years ago. Since then it has had podium presentations and seems to increase efficacy of some of the biggest drugs on the planet significantly. This purchase must be worth billions every single year to the purchaser, and yet the amount being paid is minimal.

If the deal goes ahead as it is, imo it will be an own goal for Australian Bio stocks. Investing in Bio means taking high risks. What % actually make money??? If you invest in bio I imagine you would expect 95% of your investments to not make it. Thus when you invest in a company that does get an offer from pharma, you would expect significant returns. Why invest in Bio if when the small number of 'winners' results in a return (at least in some purchases) of 25%.

Finally, at a number of AGM's I have attended I have asked about what happens if low offers are received. The answer has always been there are many ways to structure deals. Money up front plus a % of sales over many years; Ability to get greater returns if Cavatak proves beneficial in different cancers. What I understand we get is $1.75 / share and 'Have a nice day'.

Anyway, I guess there is not much can be done. But suggestions of 'greed' just make no sense to me.

Rgds
    KMS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.