HVN 2.23% $4.58 harvey norman holdings limited

Dillinia, what's your valuation for this company? and what are...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Dillinia, what's your valuation for this company? and what are your profit forecasts over the next couple of years? You need to realize that for most countries/economies around the world this is the worst recession since the great depression.

The Retailers right around the world will find it tough; no question about it.But does this mean it will last forever or does history tell you that soon or later markets will be headed up.It could have been worse for hvn under the circumstances.Their debt levels are reasonable and still a strong cash flow positive business with little or no rubbish sitting on the balance sheet i.e. intangibles.The market imo has already factored in most of what you mentioned.

Since most investors believe the market is forward looking, then one might agree that the market will start to look beyond what you've mentioned.I average well under $2 for this stock and my personal valuation for this company at present levels is anywhere between $2.50 - $3. If you think you are paying to much today or anyone for that matter for hvn then don't buy.

This stock is still undervalued imo.Interest rates will help retail in Australia and investors will wake up soon and realize that people are human beings and buying a majority of goods online has its problems. Much better to speak to someone real then trusting the internet. Too risky to much fraud and personal details can be revealed and spread online.Good example, a mate of mine was loving online shopping but realized he kept on getting the wrong goods.The online company which i won't mentioned says even if he sends the goods back he can't get a refund even though it was their mistake. Not only did he get the wrong goods, he later found out that the company charged him twice for the one transaction and this was done not once or twice but 3 times.He reported this activity to his bank and is in the waiting process.So this mixed with a few bits and pieces can have a negative spiral effect to online shoppers.I much prefer visiting real people and for myself i have had my credit card details stolen from scammers in the past from a trusted website and this has really put me off any online purchasing so be careful.It only takes a few complaints around the world then people will be back in the shops as most trusted websites will go out of business due to these and many more factors.

All in all hvn still ok at these levels.I would be looking beyond 2012 as current prices payed today can still be a great purchase for future returns.Better to buy on the lower end then wait for things to improve.Bargains are found in times of uncertainty, especially when one can see beyond the current turmoil and not when bull markets are roaring that is the time to get out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.58
Change
0.100(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $5.706B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.48 $4.58 $4.48 $20.57M 4.512M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 20405 $4.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.58 23365 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.