FMG 2.07% $21.26 fortescue ltd

very proud...

1. 790 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208

Colleagues

Just attended a meeting with AF. First time I met the man. Wondered what he would be like in person, Not disappointed!

The meeting was not about the IO business or about making money. It was about spending his own money to help free bonded kiln workers (who make bricks by hand) from de facto slavery in Pakistan. Millions of them.

There are other philanthropists in the world of course. But the really interesting thing is the way AF proposes to go about doing this. He is leveraging action to free slaves through the introduction of new Australian- designed technology to convert lignite (of which Pakistan has a surfeit) into diesel (of which they produce almost none). It will be a huge boon to the economy and will be the catalyst for massive social reform. It is gob-smacking in it's ambition and audacity.

Can he actually do it? Dunno; but I do know how very very dangerous it is betting against that man doing what he says he'll do.

At the end of the meeting, as we were shaking hands, I couldn't stop myself from congratulating him "as a share-holder" on reaching 155. He was absolutely delighted! And promised to keep the dividends flowing. I replied that I didn't really care about divvies as I was planning to hold for the long term, so equally happy for him to pay down debt. He said that he would keep paying divvies anyway, so I could afford to hold for the long term!

And then finally, I asked him if he was aware of HC (mods, you owe me). He said no; I told him what it was and suggested it was worth a look. Last thing I heard was him asking his assistant to get him on.

I will be a little embarrassed if he reads this post; but what the heck. Am I proud to be associated with a bloke like AF? You be the judge!

Cheetah

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.26
Change
-0.450(2.07%)
Mkt cap ! $65.45B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.70 $21.70 $21.02 $145.2M 6.814M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9760 $21.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.27 7866 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.