FLT 1.50% $23.00 flight centre travel group limited

Flynn departs Flight CentreFlight Centre chief executive Shane...

1. 176 Posts.
    Flynn departs Flight Centre

Flight Centre chief executive Shane Flynn has become the latest senior manager to depart the company.

His departure means all areas of operation will now report to founder and executive chairman Graham Turner.

In a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange, Flight Centre said the dual leadership model introduced following Flynn’s appointment in 2002 had “caused difficulties both internally and externally”, prompting a return to a more traditional Flight Centre leadership structure.

“After evaluating our performance last year and considering the joint leadership model, we both felt that this structure was leaner, simpler and would ultimately improve performance,” Turner said.

Flynn, who started his Flight Centre career as a retail travel consultant, said the joint leadership model had failed to gain the traction the company desired.

“With the change in leadership structure, I will seek to further my professional career elsewhere, rather than continue in a lesser role.”

Flight Centre’s senior management team now include Shannon O’Brien (CFO ), Sue Garrett (leisure) and Anthony Grigson (corporate).

Flynn’s exit comes just a month after the departure of general manager strategy Paul Scurrah, who joined Flight Centre in January 2004 from Sunlover Holidays and was being groomed as Flynn's successor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$23.00
Change
0.340(1.50%)
Mkt cap ! $5.083B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.78 $23.04 $22.67 $35.42M 1.545M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 340 $22.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$23.01 29966 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.