SILVER 0.30% $15.25 silver futures

very strange/unprecedented comex deliveries

1. 14,954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 696

Courtesy Ed Steer's Daily Gold and Silver.

Unlike some, myself included, Ed is not prone to exaggeration when it come to bullishness about silver. I'll let you draw your own conclusions about the almost total lack of activity in what is supposed to be one of the most active delivery month contracts on the COMEX. Well, I changed my mind and give you two scenarios: One - everything we have read about silver is wrong and there is no surging demand, chinese demand, record coin sales, mint delays, etc or Two - the COMEX is having problems fulfillilng their obligations, or should I say the clients of the COMEX. Why would they be having these problems? Silver hard to obtain?

"Well, the CME's Daily Delivery Report delivered another big surprise yesterday, as only one [1] gold contract, along with five [5] silver contracts, were posted for delivery on Tuesday. Once again I'm at a loss to explain this...and I didn't have much time to talk to Ted Butler yesterday...and when I did, this subject never came up. But I can say without fear of a lie, that this delivery week was a week without precedent in Comex delivery history for this, or any other commodity. Here's the link to yesterday's 'action'. "

http://www.cmegroup.com/delivery_reports/MetalsIssuesAndStopsReport.pdf

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.