@jambo12Read it yourselfDonald Trump on John McCain: 'I Like...

1. 23,568 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    @jambo12

Read it yourself

Donald Trump on John McCain: 'I Like People Who Weren't Captured' | TIME

The Republican National Committee and a bevy of GOP presidential candidates lined up to repudiate Donald Trump on Saturday after the reality television star-turned-White House hopeful attacked the military service of Sen. John McCain, a former POW. Appearing at a candidate cattle call in Ames, Iowa, the real estate mogul told a crowd he was no supporter of the 2008 Republican presidential nominee. “He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said. “I like people who weren’t captured. ”
    Trump’s critique of McCain did what his previous controversial remarks could not quite do: open the floodgates for fellow Republicans to denounce him. After all, the perceived political risk inherent in defending the record of a war hero is far less than that of getting involved in contentious debates around immigration.
    McCain, who was held captive in Vietnam for nearly six years after his airplane was shot down over Hanoi, has been critical of the Trump’s bombast, saying that it had “fired up the crazies.”
    Last edited by tinnitus: Today, 11:59

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.