HGR unknown

Hi all,As Victoria is the first place in the world to institute...

1. 3,715 Posts.
    Hi all,

As Victoria is the first place in the world to institute random roadside testing using saliva (back in 2000), I thought (especially as HGR is now Melbourne based) that they would have looked into supplying the domestic market.

To do so, there are Vicroads standards that have to be met by submitting for testing. They haven't done so, so I assume that they are concentrating on the much larger international markets.

There is a study that has been given the go-ahead for Swinburne, and I sent the following message to the head researcher:

Hello Con,

I am an interested investor in the Harrington Group (an Australian company), who develop and market the OraLine IV drug detection device.

I was wondering in regards to your research whether you will be carrying out comparitive studies of different saliva drug detection devices and if so whether the OraLine device would be one of them?

I am looking into whether there is any research underway that complements or updates information available in a report done by The Walsh Group for Office of National Drug Control Policy in the US from the Journal of Analytical Toxicology (attached).

Thanks for any assistance!

Cheers

Tim

and I received the following response:

Hi Tim

The Alcohol Drugs and Driving Unit of the Brain Sciences Institute was commissioned by the Victorian Government to undertake the scientific assessments of the performance characteristics of oral fluid devices in 2004 for their use in the Police random roadside oral fluid testing operational program. Oraline did not respond to the "Expressions of Interest" advertised by the Government. At this stage there are no specific plans to evaluate the Oraline device and I am not aware of any high quality published studies involving an assessment of Oraline. However we would be interested in undertaking an evaluation of this device on a fee for service basis as our Institute is one of the few international independent research facilities able to undertake this activity. If there is more recent research on the device I'd be interested to read it.
    Cheers
    Con

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.