Rant WarningFed up- Taxes pay for important things is fine by...

1. 4,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 768
    Rant Warning

Fed up- Taxes pay for important things is fine by me. Extra and over Taxes paying for stuff ups annoy me. Now I have state land tax stuff ups and refund instructions from State Gov that are just as stuffed up!

Back ground- Payroll tax on Doctors I worked for for the last 20+ years was a bit of a shocker. The fact they wanted me to pay for the payroll tax on the last five years and pay a penalty equal to the same was a Strike One in my thoughts. Made a company insolvent on the spot!

Family built a new age friendly house for parents to allow them to stay home not in age care costing taxpayers seemed a good use for my families and my $$$$ - Worked for last several years very happily- Then the Vic State gov decided its an investment property and we have to pay Land Tax on it. Strike Two in my thoughts

Letter from Vic State revenue office demanding overdue Land tax several weeks ago was paid immediately due to several very threating notes on the letter demanding immediate payment. New letter saying that payment for their assessment was an error by them and had instructions how to get the refund. The Instructions did not work! Strike Three in my thoughts

Called State Rev Vic and put on hold for 20 Minutes. Phone person told me how to navigate on the web page to send a message to them with my BSB and account. It was nothing like the instructions on the letter! Refund for their error will take up to 30 days from now. Strike Four in my thoughts!

Rant over? Not likely:
    NEW tax grab by Victorian Government is due to EastWest link Billion paid for the road that was never built and other massive project cost blow outs we are all paying for in massive reduction in service and especially massive reduction in Maintenace of roads, Public Hospitals, Healthcare funding and schools. Strike OUT my thoughts

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.