CNM carnegie corporation limited

Yes it is very interesting. I like the fact that it is scalable...

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Yes it is very interesting. I like the fact that it is scalable - you don't need to build several hundred megawatts all at once like you do with conventional power stations. This has got be a big plus. I also like the fact that the entire power station wouldn't havbe to go off-line for big ticket item maintenance. Theoretically you could shut off one of the buoys and fix that and then bring it online again. Of course you'd need to go out in your wetsuit or bring it on shore but it seems a whole lot easier than fixing a boiler in a coal fired power station, or even worse, a nuclear reactor core!

Also, the quote "The buoy is picked up and pushed down by the swell in the ocean, which drives a piston inside the pump, which delivers high-pressure sea water ashore. Onshore you then have a standard hydro-electric turbine. So you use the offshore component to pump water ashore to spin a turbine onshore. The advantage of that is that all your power is onshore and it is easy to access, deploy, maintain, and it is off-the-shelf equipment" seems to indicate Acees that the tender for the turbines would mean these on-shore turbines. Which begs the question - does Carnegie plan to ramp up and ultimately manufacture its own buoys? Any ideas anyone?

Very interesting thread all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.