Victoria beating COVID-19 despite undermining, page-22

1. 5,307 Posts.
    I hear you loud and clear beefarmer. I disagree about naming the ethnic group supposedly responsible for the small cluster outbreak. The alleged group are happy when the news is positive:

VICTORIAN MULTICULTURAL
    HONOUR ROLL
    Winner: Nazer Nazir

Forced to leave his home country in 2014 with his mother, wife and young family, Nazer arrived in Australia as an Afghan Hazara refugee. Settling in Dandenong, Nazer rapidly came to understand the needs of the divergent Afghan community and has quickly become a community leader. He co-founded the Afghan Australian Initiative (AAI) – a Victoria-wide venture based in Dandenong that brings together the many diverse Afghan communities, creating common ground. Nazer is the current Secretary of the AAI, and was elected as President for 2015/2016. Under his leadership, the AAI has co-ordinated and facilitated two student conferences with a particular focus on Afghan youth, which taught participants about choosing non-violence in a conflict situation and taking personal responsibility for change.
    https://www.multicultural.vic.gov.au/images/2016/VictoriasMulticulturalAwards2016program.pdf

I wouldn't mind betting that Mr Nazir wore a wide smile and posed for photographers as he accepted the accolade. However not much evidence of 'community building' when one group decides to please themselves.

When the news is not so good just deal with it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.