Great movie "The Drop". i have a friend who has lung cancer and...

1. 14,542 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1345
    Great movie "The Drop". i have a friend who has lung cancer and he helps me out with my computer stuff. Soon i will be getting an update of the SSD with a stack of RAM. Before all of my computer knowledge, I thought he was delivering me a pick up. But the 'puter to come will be good. i think he is doing it because his oncologist told him last Friday that he would probably need care within the next 12 months. He's retired, used to muck around in sydney in the music game with the old bands including inxs and although immunotherapy has halted the cigarette pack sized tumour in his lungs and you would have thought that was sheet hot news but only if you get there early, as everyone tells everyone, but his metastases, a greek word at that, have landed in his parotid gland(under both ears FYI) and adrenal gland( on top of both kidneys) and thats bad with a capital B. Unlike Beefarmer, i am more a silverchair type. Small bee. So that's what life gives us. Smoke sixty a day in your earlier years and the writing is on the wall. Blah, blah.

You talk over paid tossers. That is scrap. What about Rugby League players or AFL players making a brick a year. That's not over paid as they are entertainers. The market dictates what's over paid and even though you might not like Jim's humour, someone else does.

Getting back to my psychoanalysis, your intimation that i idolize him has me a tad worried. The only person i idolize is Billy Idol for what it's worth.

When you talk about superstars and each of the afforementioned is one, it is akin to comparing a tennis player in the 70's to a tennis player today. As a very big REM fan, i would throw in The Man On The Moon into your group and I think Andy sits comfortably. It's the end of the world and lenny bruce is not afraid.

But at the end of the day tyler, a man's got to know his limitations.

Last edited by beefarmer: 07/08/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.