Victoria is a joke, page-14

1. 1,683 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I assume you are a Victorian like me Hingdog, can i suggest you go for walk along one or more of the main arterial roads in your suburb or regional town, now, and count the takeaway plastic, glass, aluminium cans, and cardboard cartons, with the words 10c refund on them, per km then compare the total when you do the same next year about the same time? You might be very surprised at the utter pigsty we have created there nowadays when you see it up close on slow vision.
    40 years ago my town rarely had takeaway containers rubbishing our roads but now it is every where on all roads even in side streets and in the town centre where there are bins provided.
    Mind you we never even had a fish and chip shop 40 years ago but most younger people don't cook many meals at home any more and they toss their empty, full and half full drink containers by the tens of thousands like pigs and they do it almost in their own sty.
    Yes the word full was not a typo. People bizarrely, quite regularly toss out full unopened cans and stubbies from their cars.
    I know this because I have been picking up cans and bottles for recycling cash from scrap metal merchants and recyclers for years at around 2c a can and I have barely scratched the surface in my region.
    You probably recycle all your cans or stubbies but younger consumers use the road curb as their recycling point differently to your yellow bin method and many might take a while to change I postulate, but some will.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.