Victorian drivers avoid 700,000 fines, page-19

1. 1,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Anything that gives less grief to people is a positive. If you can deliver less grief you've got my vote but I think you'll discover that you can't be everywhere. I know business owners with employees and the owner knows their stuff but if you have employees you quickly find out that not everybody works to the same standard and you can easily be let down by the judgement of others involved. Those business owners have learned to accept that this will be the case and do their best to make sure catastophic failures don't happen, even though some pretty basic oversights are the norm.

Personally I've had to redo work others have done for me because it's not to a high enough standard but I still paid them and I suspect I'm not the only one to have had this experience. It's just very hard to find compitent, reliable, diligent, insightful people whos judgement you can trust and in the end nobody is imune from from making a misstep from time to time and the bigger the organisation the larger is the number of potential stuffups. Unfortately incumbecy is no guarentee of compitency and that's at every level even with P.M.'s.

I still think Dan Andews has done a reasonable job but the Private Security issue has been a disappointment but you can't be everywhere and nothing stopped others involved stepping to adequately oversee or advise against there use initially. Also, those involved could just have done their jobs properly but it's hard to find people that do their jobs properly in the general population so I would have gone with the ADF or the State Police but that's as an outsider on a single issue in isolation.

Anyway, I think I'll cut my ramblings off there.

Stay safe.

Searcher

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.