RFX 1.14% 8.9¢ redflow limited

It would all be different if you were designing electricity...

1. 9,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 794
    It would all be different if you were designing electricity production and network infrastructure as a greenfields from scratch but reality it is all about legacy infrastructure and legacy rules on distribution and infrastructure ownership and rules.   Add in politics and knee jerk proposals from a political perspective and why would anyone invest in long term payback energy assets  unless they use that capacity in their own business.
    In a distributed network model with excess household production the feed in rate will go to zero.  Individual household battery installation is expensive and inefficient IMO.If it wasn't for the existing power lines and sloping house roofs  placing panels on individual houses would also be unecconomical but free rent on roof space helps.   Large centarlised remote battery installation has major issues in regards to transmission line losses etc.   Containerised modular  battery solutions locally as electricity substation nodes  is the more efficient compromise to integrate with existing distribution infrastructure but could Redfow  get it's act together and increase manufacture ad ensure reliability to tender for such? .

I know it is a political announcement but willy nilly adding massive solar capacity into a network without storage like batteries or pumped hydro or other storage  etc  will create major issues changing peak production , peak rates and long term 24 hour energy securityetc etc

From a money perspective I wonder what would happen if the government asked for 650,000 at $2200 each is  1.5 billion to build a battery farm at electricity substations and have a guaranteed electricity rate as the dividend .  Wonder why redflow is not packaging this up with a network or gas fired or hydro  supplier right now to be rolled out?  The efficiency and buying power at scale and ongoing service and management or facility is a enormousness saving and possibly make it a profitable venture for everyone.

This was emailed to me - well worth a watch

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-19/farming-the-sun:-queenslands-solar-boom/10137858
    Last edited by Teddyward: 1041 20/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.9¢
Change
0.001(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $23.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.9¢ 9.3¢ 8.8¢ $11.41K 128.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 453 8.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.0¢ 24154 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.