morning, I had a passing thought about this - (my earlier post)...

1. 79,555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning,

I had a passing thought about this - (my earlier post) and your butterfly post

"We have been here 10 years -- I did wonder if it was any coincidence that there are 3 hurricanes in the Atlantic and just in exactly the same days - we have these snow events. Coincidence???? - maybe, maybe not. "

In the years since we have been here in the mountains of Tasmania - our first year (winter) was 2008 -

and, it was a year that locals said that there were more snow events than they could remember - which was great for us because we loved the weather -----

so - 2008 was a big year for snow here - and this year is massive (snow again last night and for the next 3 days again) -

so - I went back and looked at the hurricane season in the Atlantic for 2008 --

this is what came up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Atlantic_hurricane_season

" It was the fourth busiest year since 1944 and the only year on record in which a major hurricane existed in every month from July through November in the North Atlantic.[1] "

so -- perhaps this is not coincidence at all

a little more if one doesn't want to read the full article

"Bertha became the longest lived July tropical cyclone on record for the basin, the first of several long-lived systems during 2008. The season was devastating for Haiti, where over 800 people were killed by four consecutive tropical cyclones (Fay, Gustav, Hanna, and Ike), especially Hanna, in August and September. Hurricane Paloma's outer rain bands also made landfall over Haiti. Ike was also the most destructive storm of the season, as well as the strongest, devastating Cuba as a major hurricane and later making landfall near Galveston, Texas at Category 2 (nearly Category 3) intensity."

something to ponder

have a great morning

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.