ATC 3.23% 6.0¢ altech batteries ltd

I can understand your concerns, I have been there, done that in...

1. 207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I can understand your concerns, I have been there, done that in the early days of the lithium industry. Back in 2011 I bought into GXY which was the brain child of one Iggy Tan. I have to give it to Iggy, he is a visionary who sees the future and pursues it with gusto. With GXY, Igg's vision was a fully integrated pipeline from Mt Cattlin Spondium, to a lithium carbonate plant in China and he was also keen to get into battery manufacture. They got the carbonate plant petty much up and running, but then aa industrial accident in 2012 (burst pipe) killed two workers and injured 210 others. A line of credit from a Chinese government backed company was withdrawn and the accident also spooked a significant capital raising. Iggy left the company in 2013 and I think it was his successor, Anthony Tse who flogged off the carbonate plant to Tianqi to pay down debt and save the company, which he did. GXY then focused on their lithium assets, - Mt Cattlin, Sal De Vida in Argentina and James Bay in Canada. Today, under the Alkem name, they are a multi-billion dollar company (they merged with Oracobrae), but it all started with Iggy Tan. Hopefully his experiences at GXY have left Iggy older and wiser. He is still a visionary and if he can bring ATC to production, I think it could be very successful, however, its always risky when you are dependent on borrowings to get a plant into production. I wish him and all share holders well,. I haven't bought in yet, but would like to take a position in an HPO company and am serously considering ATC or FYI. Any comments on their relative merits would be appreciated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.002(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $99.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.2¢ 6.0¢ $154.3K 2.520M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 3021612 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 2362259 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.2¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 1.64 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.2¢ 6.2¢ 6.0¢ 1077300
Last updated 15.48pm 07/05/2024 ?
ATC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.