DRE 11.1% 2.0¢ dreadnought resources ltd

"Or is the risk around an explorer play really what you are...

1. 2ic
    5,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4702
    "Or is the risk around an explorer play really what you are trying to highlight to contributors/readers?"... It's a lot easier to find and predict overvalued exploration/development stocks (on a risked basis) than find under-valued stocks. Holders want to see excitement driving the price higher to offload onto the next lot of punters, not have the sizzle hosed down by the likes of me. No surprise I'm unpopular. no apologies and no care many get upset. Few will post thanks on HC, though I'm convinced many come here looking for reasons to buy or sell than instead of the confirmation comfort of cheer-squad banality.

I don't comment on many stocks considering 90% of stocks have flawed projects, overhyped potential and easy targets. I'm not trying to save everyone or even save anyone, just add quality opinion to the few stocks that take my interest and I bother dealing myself in. It's a hobby, it's interesting... it's really pretty simple. I knew nothing about RE's a couple of years ago, now I know a lot. Partly because I stand against the zeitgeist in stocks like DRE, which incentivises me to research and make sure I'm knowledgeable and don't make mistakes (because we all know how much fun that would be).

DRE was an easy overvalue call at 11c based on my knowledge of YAngi via numerous HAS studies (and it's struggles to make bankable DFS), my judgement of ironstone exploration potential based on Yangi and the targets generated by DRE, my knowledge of carbonatite RE deposits and what C1-C5 etc needed to make the grade, my read of the price chart knowing while shareholders were waiting for lab results the handXRF meant insiders already knew what they were, the maths that ILU and Lynas had no room for DRE mon-con (unless NTU fall over), that without material new exploration success DRE was likely sliding down the Lassonde Curve. The RE sectors fall helped push DRE lower quicker, but to say DRE's share price fall is all market driven and not project specific is erroneous and a cop out imo.

One thing has changed since I arrived, and that is I'm now RE bearish since Tesla's announcement they are moving to non-RE P-mags next generation of motors. I haven't just drunk Tesla's Kool-Aid, I've done a lot of reading and contemplation on the matter. Few here would find it interesting, but the position of RE-mags in the EV/electrical revolution is fascinating across geopolitics, industry supply chain risk, alternative technologies, media pitches by vested groups, subsidy seeking and green-vote grabbing politicians, the economics of competing RE deposits and the permutations of possible outcomes. I get bored easily and perhaps it's a bit sad I find some stimulation on HC, but people of a particular technical, financial and philosophical bent are not easily found in the real world from my situation.

There I go again, oversharing and rambling, did I mention I'm an odd cat. The beauty of social media is it's pseudo-anonymous and even if nobody is reading or cares it's cathartic to pretend they are and have your say. Let's cut to the chase. HC is a stock trading chat sight, which means above all else you should be here to make money and avoid losing money. People who carry on about posters who know more and ignore substantiated warnings of things might not be as good as the sales pitch are idiots imo. Don;t like them, abuse then if it makes you feel better, but to write off any contrarian or negative opinion because it's uncomfortable seems insane...

MEI is an example of a well-positioned explorer/developer because their ionic clay deposit is lower-quartile cost lay down misère (sovereign risk aside). The stock run hard from 1.6c to 16c, mostly from 5c to 12c after the long known met results were announced. Economics 101 makes it a no-brainer, though at what price stops being good value is more difficult. FWIW I didn't get on it because I stopped watching for new ICD projects long time ago after about the hundredth new ASX project was announced but all with uneconomic leach recoveries. That and the outrageous way critical details of the project were held back while some insiders filled their boots with cheap stock.

Anyway, I was never welcome here and if you wonder why my attitude is like it is? Go read the harsh welcome I did get and multiply that with the same thing over many years and many different stocks. Little wonder I'm prickly and hang around to see who was right and were the idiots. The simple lesson, which never gets learned, is when someone obviously not an idiot comes onto a thread with some negative view, be respectful or ignore them and they will leave soon enough, not become invested and hang around long term. I'll come back when some more results drop out of interest, but the picture is almost complete and I'm not learning anything here any more, so adios amigos.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.002(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $70.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $55.29K 2.905M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1803783 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 2068339 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.0¢
  Change
0.002 ( 2.63 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ 1733523
Last updated 15.59pm 13/06/2024 ?
DRE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.