HAV 2.38% 21.5¢ havilah resources limited

Something to consider.Actually TOD, it is you who are confusing...

1. 7 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20

Something to consider.

Actually TOD, it is you who are confusing the rest of us by providing half information.

Clark I notice is careful to quote past ASX announcements or public information. His 5000 oz number and 80% recovery are out of previous ASX announcements. Anyone can do the calculations, so nothing wrong with that.

Havilah have stated in their 24 March 2020 announcement that "Clear objectives to define a shallow gold resource in Tertiary age clays and to better define the saprolite gold mineralisation within the confines of a conceptual starter open pit at West Kalkaroo." So they are drilling that "piece of dirt" to define a JORC resource and as Clark says it makes sense because it sits on top of the main deposit and has to be mined anyway. I am sure that Giles, with his 40 years of exploration knowledge, would not be drilling this if he did not think it had a good chance of being economic.

Given the gold price it is obvious that they should be focusing on gold rather than REE. I would bet they will be analysing their drill samples for REE anyway, so they will still be getting that knowledge that may add additional value.

Again I think a key point is being missed in this thread. Havilah are drilling when most others have stopped working and they are trying to find more gold to help improve the start-up economics of Kalkaroo at a time of record gold prices. I would have thought that was the right strategy and they should be encouraged in that rather than condemned for not "chasing REE". Nothing confusing about that in my mind!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.