BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

video for american airlines, page-3

1. J8
    14,522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 817
    Whilst it's true that the one shot cure is very appealing, there is still misunderstanding of what the current and future treatments hold.

The newest approved treatments still involve 26 weeks of interferon (together with the wonder drug Solvaldi) if you have the prevalent G1 version of HCV. The twelve week program of Sovaldi and Ribavirin is for the less prevalent and easier to treat G2/3. You must also realise the G3 is not as responsive to the DAAs and may require twenty six weeks with Interferon. It is interferon and Ribavirin making people sick not the DAAs.

However the not yet approved combination pill of Sovaldi and Ledipasvir will be what provides the real competition for the one shot cure. This should be approved in the US later in the year. This once a day single pill does NOT have the nasty side effects and the course is eight weeks. The only situation where it will be a twelve week course is for relapsers.

It won't be making people sick.

So, the choice (by the time TT-034 is available) will be between a once a day pill for eight weeks that has no nasty side effects and the one shot cure. The dynamics of this will likely be sorted by cost first and convenience second.

I (being a relapser) will likely be faced with a choice in about 18 months time of doing the new yet to be approved combo regime of Sovaldi and Ledipasvir or waiting for TT-034. I can tell you that I will take the option that is available right NOW. That will be the new combo.

However. I am in no way interested in ANY of the current regimes.

If faced with a choice of the new (yet to be approved) combo and a one shot cure......assuming they are BOTH available at the same time there is no doubt I (and nearly everybody else) will take the shot.

Hopefully I have explained this well enough for people to understand as there is a lot of misunderstanding on this subject.

The best Benitec can do here is to get breakthrough status ASAP and nail the competition early.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.