VRC 10.0% 0.5¢ volt resources limited

600,000 die from flu related and yet the sheep worry about...

1. 1,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    600,000 die from flu related and yet the sheep worry about coronavirus?

I agree that the hysteria is well over the top. 3 people have died in Australia which suggests to me that we are not getting to the point where we should be scared to live our ordinary lives

Why don't we get daily updates on those people who are dying from the common flu.

But I suggest now is not a time for extremes in this matter. Being flippant to the potential is just as dangerous as panic. But I suggest now is not a time for extremes in this matter.

Many, many, many more have died from the common flu, but you won't hear the press talking about those cases. I wonder why.

Ridiculous quotes from posters this week, who just don't understand how bad the coronavirus is! Time for a reality check! Hello? Why are major events being closed? Why are schools being closed? Why are events with crowds and audiences being closed?

Coronavirus:
    Is much more contagious than the flu!
    Has a much higher death rate than the flu. In the USA the death rate from the flu is 0.1% and the coronavirus death rate is 2% to 4%!
    Italy has a flu death rate of 0.06% and a coronavirus death rate of 7% to 8%!!!
    Can be spread to many others in a crowd or group by just 1 person. 1 lawyer in the USA spread coronavirus to 50 people in just a couple of days!
    Is difficult to treat for severe cases, can cause permanent organ damage and has no vaccine available.
    Is causing major event shutdown chaos worldwide!
    Is causing major airline and travel chaos worldwide!
    Is causing major work and school chaos worldwide!
    Is causing major share market chaos worldwide! The worst stock market falls since 2008!
    Is only in its infancy in Australia, the worst is yet to come!

Yet some posters here are stating that the coronavirus is a media beat up! Calling people concerned about coronavirus "sheep!" How totally ridiculous! By isolating people, by closing down so many events, flights, schools, workplaces, the spread of coronavirus has been reduced.

The coronavirus worldwide pandemic is very, very serious and must be treated seriously! Some posters here have no idea what they are talking about, yet they appear to believe that they know more than the medical experts and the World Health Authority! Time for a reality check and stopping the posting of ridiculous and totally false comments!

Coronavirus death rates are between 10 to 80 times more than the flu, amongst people who contract it! And it is very highly contagious!

That is why health authorities have every right to panic! That is why governments have every right to isolate the virus as much as possible! That is why large group, large audience an large crowd events are being cancelled !That is why airline flights, and travel is being cancelled!

Coronavirus is a very serious pandemic and everyone must treat it as such!

Quote:
    "It appears that out of 1,000 people who have this coronavirus, somewhere between 10 to 30 people will die, compared to just 1 person [out of 1,000] who has the flu," said Dr Leana Wen, an emergency physician and public health professor at George Washington University in the US. She added: "You cannot compare the impact or the potential effect of this [coronavirus] to the flu, because this is a new virus that is spreading around the world that does not have a vaccine or treatment".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
-0.001(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $18.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $3.9K 783.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
55 38779868 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 7729597 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.54pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.