DEG 4.59% $1.14 de grey mining limited

QH and gang, used some very curious language. The quote...

1. 209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    QH and gang, used some very curious language. The quote "uncomfortable with the product (from large diameter RC drilling)" I take this as uncomfortable with the result. One can assume since no large diameter drill results are back for fine gold they were not happy because they didn't find a lot of nuggets. Maybe not all that surprising if you understand the shear size of the test area - 17.5 in is nothing. (remember the red dotted trenches?)

Nothing really has changed except this method of grade estimation is out and the Novo strategy has changed" Quote in second last paragraph" Bulk sampling at surface will be the most critical means of determining the grade, processing characteristics and viability of this deposit. We look forward to working with Artemis on ways to fast track a bulk sampling strategy at Purdy’s Reward.”

The last quote I found interesting is something only a geologist could understand/love (Electron Microscope analysis), "Although a limited number of samples have been analyzed and more work is underway, current findings suggest most fine-grained gold occurs as halos of particles within a few millimeters of much coarser gold nuggets.
    Millimeters! How big to samples have to be now? Maybe its cheaper to just mine the darn thing for grade as others have suggested?

My overall guess is Novo was obligated to release this news in change of strategy and ARV is going to play hard ball with the only plant in the area. For Kirkland their Novo investment just took a big hit but prospective take over targets just got a lot cheaper as well. DEG isn't a one trick pony - maybe the market will come to realize this over the next few months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.14
Change
0.050(4.59%)
Mkt cap ! $2.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.15 $1.10 $13.39M 11.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 380096 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 204419 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.