video ref, page-14

1. 3,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 191
    Are people assuming a video ref would not have given the penalty? I'm not so sure. Keep technology out is my opinion, but I expect it will eventually make an appearance. If so, my one rule would be that the ref on the pitch makes his decision first which is then referred to the video ref. If video ref cannot definitively agree or disagree with the ref then the ref's decision stands. Hope it never happens though.

England have been knocked out prematurely in tournaments because legitimate goals have been disallowed. Italy and Spain were unfairly treated in last tournament. Happens to all teams - get over it I say. In all such circumstances the aggrieved team has normally had enough opportunities to put the game away before the decision occurred. They failed, and were just unlucky to be on the wrong side of the swings and roundabouts. That's life.

Every football fan would prefer it if diving did not take place - the fault is purely at the hands of FIFA. FIFA has been intent on enforcing petty rules for refs just before the tournaments have started, making the game more and more non-contact as the years have gone by. At the same time they have ignored the main issue which is the blatant diving and rolling around the ground by the players. (On a personal note, it is unfortunate this activity is now being employed by certain English players also)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.