vindictive use of thumbs

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    It amazes me that some posts that are informative and or factual can be the subject of what I call vindictive personalised thumb downs.

Why do I say this. Well the number of times I have thumbed up posts that contain statements of fact or material that could not prove offensive to anyone and find they dont register, occurs quite often. I can understand some members not being interested in the particular subject or factual information but why would they bother to thumb it down in those instances unless they are being vindictive towards that poster.

Frankly, I have always been a supporter of recognition systems that focus on the positive rather than the negative. For that reason I would prefer the thumb down facility to not exist. It would be much more uplifting if a member saw fit to acknowledge a post, that acknowledgement be conveyed to the poster. Under the present arrangement such acknowledgement can be lost in a void if it has been cancelled out by a thumb downer. IMO its far more important to posters to know that even one person appreciated their post rather than not know at all because it simply never shows.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.