viphar be bloody careful mateOne thing I learned very early, is...

1. 1,786 Posts.
    viphar be bloody careful mate

One thing I learned very early, is that the written word on HC can be very very subjective.

"XYZ looks solid at 3.7" can mean it's a good buy at 3.7, or nearly at someone's target price of 3.8 and they are close ot getting out.

While there are lot of good people on HC, you have to ask yourself, those people who post their tips - why do they do it?

Are they ramping? Are they in the trade and trying to get out? Are they just driven by a need to tell the world what they are doing for the day? Is it ego?

Unless they are saying "XYZ is a good buy at 3.7 because of this and that" then to me it is just a statement of what they are doing, and quite often I wonder if it's a chance to get other newer traders to buy XYZ at 3.8 which is where their sell is.

A while ago, a couple of people came out and said they were uni students, or paper traders, or had a portfolio of $1000 they were trading with.

So you need to be aware that all advice needs to taken in context. What makes you think even the people with a Heart on there know anything more than you, or are smarter than you?

The best piece of advice I can give you is most of HC is just "tips" - and use it as such, and you have to take your own journey to get your own plan together. I realise this is chicken and egg stuff but I hope you get my drift.

Also, check this out. http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_threadview.asp?fid=303&tid=939706&msgno=416

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.